Job Title: Corporate Sales Assistant
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Work Days: M-F and as needed
Application Process: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, REFERENCE JOB #0616
WNIN, Tri-State Public Media, Inc.
405 Carpenter Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Phone: (812) 423-2973
Fax: (812) 428-7548
Position: Corporate Sales Assistant
Reports to: Director of Corporate Development
Classification: Full-Time / Exempt
We are seeking a determined, skillful sales support professional to join our development team at WNIN. The Corporate Sales Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Director of Corporate Development in prospecting, creating underwriting/production support/sponsorship proposals, writing copy, submitting production requests and overall servicing of contracts.
Challenging and Engaging Work
In this sales support position you will perform work behind the scenes to help the Director of Corporate Development sell television, radio, and digital media underwriting, production support and sponsorship messages. In the corporate sales assistant role, you will develop proposals, write on-air scripts, and facilitate the fulfillment of media contracts sold. You will work very closely with the Director of Corporate Development as well as the station’s production and traffic departments.
Do You Have?
- Administrative support experience is high on our list. In fact, 2+ years is what we are looking for. Experience in a sales supporting role is preferred.
- Passion for WNIN and all that the station offers. We are looking for a BIG fan! Knowledge about the programming is beneficial.
- Smart – We are looking for someone who “gets it” and is able to think strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals.
- Communication skills - thoughtful and persuasive written communications skills. Can you create credible and professional visual presentations and proposals?
- Multitasker – the ability to coordinate multiple projects and sponsorships at different stages in the sales process simultaneously.
- Detail-Oriented – A strong candidate will carefully proofread written work, maintain an organized digital workspace, and ensure calculations and documents are free of error.
- Time and resource management skills - prioritize effectively to achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- 4-year college degree (preferred); Marketing, Communications, Business or related field