Position: Director of Corporate Development
Work Hours: Full Time
Work Days: Mon-Fri, and as needed
WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc.
405 Carpenter Street
Evansville, IN 47708
The Director of Corporate Development will work to maximize corporate revenues by selling sponsorships on Television and Radio to area businesses including programming and trade agreements, both on-air and through online ads. This individual works as part of WNIN’s sponsorship sales team to develop and implement successful sales strategies and material to support and strengthen our organizational mission.
To be successful in this position, this candidate must be a self-starter and driven to succeed. Employee must also have excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal relationship-building skills. The Director of Corporate Development will be expected to place emphasis in creating new streams of revenue, from inactive and new clients, and should seek to incorporate new technologies into their fund-raising efforts. College degree and at least two years of experience in media or other relevant sales positions required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales of TV and FM sponsorship to local and regional businesses including both new clients and renewals for existing clients in order to meet your sales goals. Primarily solicits on-air cash underwriting, other corporate revenue opportunities, and trade underwriting.
- Participates as a member of the sponsorship sales team to develop sales strategies, up-to-date Media Kits and materials, and reports for presentations to clients and management use. Assists with the underwriting price structure for current and prospective client presentations.
- Works to identify and engage community partners at various community events and activities for the purposes of fund-raising. Maintains awareness of station programs and productions and assists as necessary at other station events and activities.
- Maintains relationships with underwriting clients and assists with collection efforts as needed.
- Works with TV-FM staff to write and schedule all on-air underwriting announcements, assuring full compliance with FCC regulations.
- Produces weekly and monthly tracking/sales reports of sales and client contacts made. Reviews quarterly performance at the end of each quarter against quarterly and yearly projections.