Position: Director of Events
Reports To: Vice President of Development
Work Hours and Days: 8:30 – 5:00 M-F, and as needed
Reference Job # 0215
WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc.
405 Carpenter Street
Evansville, IN 47708
WNIN seeks a full-time Director of Events to manage WNIN event activities to meet fundraising goals and objectives. These events include the WNIN Gala, Action Auction & Online Auction, Kid’s Fest, and Cookies with Santa, board and donor receptions (Legislators), and other smaller station events.
Qualifications: Requires a strong knowledge of principles, ethics & practices of successful fundraising and marketing; previous fundraising experience for a non-profit agency desirable. You must have a proven track record developing and implementing projects and strategies for growth, and experience in problem solving.
Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, writing skills, and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software required. Familiarity with social media, eblast software and HTML preferred. Individual must be flexible and able to work outside normal office hours when required to support fundraising projects. Bachelor’s degree required. EOE
General Statement: Manages WNIN event activities to meet fundraising goals and objectives. These events include the WNIN Gala, Action Auction, Kid’s Fest, Paranormal Event, Cookies with Santa, board and donor receptions (Legislators), and other smaller station events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies, recruits and coaches a community-based volunteer committee for each major WNIN event including the Gala, Auction, & Kid’s Fest. Recruits & supervises community volunteers to assist WNIN with the Auction, Kid’s Fest and other events as needed.
2. Prepares and manages an annual budget for each event including income goals and expenses, ensuring profitability and yearly growth for the station from these events.
3. Develops and executes a rolling yearly action plan, calendar and timeline for all events including specific activities leading up to and after each event.
4. Hires, trains and supervises part-time auction assistants, and student event interns.
5. Identifies and secures underwriting and event sponsorships in a coordinated effort with other station personnel, including a sponsorship plan for each event, generation of proposals and underwriting agreements, and fulfillment of video and promotional objectives on behalf of event sponsors.
• Manages all aspects of the auction including production, volunteers, training, studio, boards, signage, credit roll, merchandising, visuals, phone bank, information logs, and pick up and pay.
• Coordinates solicitation and procurement of donations including donor guidelines, PSE purchases, direct mail, telemarketing, merchandise pick-up, data entry, and warehousing.
• Coordinates auction promotion and advertising with production staff.
7. Identifies and executes new events that fulfill WNIN’s mission and the needs of the community while driving station revenue.
8. Occasional writing of grant proposals and managing of grant deliverables and reporting.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Carlin Beckman, Vice President of Finance and Administration at email@example.com, reference Job #0215. EOE