Position: Kids Fest Intern
Division: Development Department
Reports to: Director of Events
WNIN is looking to hire an individual to help produce an impactful Kids Fest that results in developing new friends for the station and raising funds.
This individual will work with the Director of Events to prepare all event logistics and provide onsite management the day of the event to ensure high-quality and timely donor service and donor satisfaction. The Kids Fest intern will also assist in the production of the event to ensure it meets the established standard of excellence.
This internship period begins June 2016 and culminates with the event on September 24, 2016 and is expected to work 20 hours per week during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates efforts of sponsors, vendors, entertainment, and volunteers
- Organizes event logistics
- Prepares various reports and composes correspondence
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
- Experience in event planning and coordination
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer skills
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement various types of events and activities
- Ability to assess donor needs and develop a plan suited to meet those needs
- Ability to meet work schedules and work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Skilled in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.