Historical Heritage features original and renovated kitchens in historical homes of Evansville and HendersonEvansville’s Great Kitchens Historical Heritage Original and renovated kitchens in historic homes of Evansville, IN and Henderson, KY.
Sherry Wright’s Limoncello
- Peel 10 lemons.
- Peel in a continuous spiral with as little white as possible.
- Place peels in a sealable container.
- Add one 750-ml bottle of grain alcohol and one 750-ml bottle of vodka.
- Cover. Shake or stir daily for 3 to 6 months.
- After 3 to 6 months, add the following simple syrup:
- Boil to dissolve 2 cups sugar in 2 cups water.
- Add to lemon mixture
- Shake or stir daily for another 3 to 6 months.
- Pour into bottles.
- Serve cold.