"Sherry Wright’s Limoncello"
- Peel 10 lemons.
- Peel in a continuous spiral with as little white as possible.
- Place peels in a sealable container.
- Add one 750-ml bottle of grain alcohol and one 750-ml bottle of vodka.
- Shake or stir daily for 3 to 6 months.
- After 3 to 6 months, add the following simple syrup:
- Boil to dissolve 2 cups sugar in 2 cups water.
- Add to lemon mixture
- Shake or stir daily for another 3 to 6 months.
- Pour into bottles.
- Serve cold.
“Gubbin’s Chicken Soup”
- 1 whole chicken
- 3-4 quarts water
- Minced onion
- Garlic flakes
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 8 stalks celery including leaves, chopped
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 large potatoes
- 1/3 t. each of sage, rosemary, marjoram
- 1 bay leaf, broken in half
- 3-4 T. salt
- 1 T raw apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 T coconut oil
Rinse chicken under running water, removing giblets and rinsing cavity. Put chicken into a large stainless steel soup pot and add water to barely cover chicken. Simmer on med-low heat for an hour or more until chicken separates easily from the bones. Lift chicken out of the pan and put on a tray to cool. Remove chicken from bones and shred or chop.
Add onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, parsley, and spices to the broth and simmer until carrots are tender (usually 30 minutes after boiling). Stir in the shredded chicken. Simmer 5 more minutes to blend flavors.
“Meyer’s Chicken Over Rice”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Rotel original
- 1 can black beans
Add frozen corn during the last hour of cooking
- 1 package of taco seasoning
Put all ingredients, except corn, in the crockpot for 3-4 hour hours. Add frozen corn during the last hour. Serve mixture over cooked rice.
- 5 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 1 stick butter
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 T. flour
- 2 c. milk, room temperature
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 2 small jars pimento, minced
- 1 T. worchestershire
- ½ c. sherry
- 1 4-oz. can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 6 c. mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 c. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to tase
- 1 c. almonds, shaved
Cook spaghetti in turkey or chicken stock. Rinse and pour a little of the stock over the spaghetti. Melt butter and sauté pepper, onion, and garlic. Slowly add flour and milk. Stir until thickened. Add mushroom soup. Let simmer. Add pimento and a little garlic salt, then the Worcestershire, sherry, mushrooms, and turkey. Add 5 cups cheddar cheese, then the parmesan. Cook over low heat until well blended. Salt and pepper, then put in ½ cup almonds. Simmer 5 minutes. Layer spaghetti, sauce, spaghetti, sauce. Then top with 1 cup cheese and almonds. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbles appear. Serves 18. Freezes well.
- 2 packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 lb cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Chopped onion and celery or celery seed
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour