WNIN WELCOMES KIM PATTON
Evansville, IN – WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc. (www.wnin.org) has announced that Kimberly R. Patton has joined the station as the new Director of Corporate Development.
Kim Patton comes with a successful background in customer service, client relations, collections, management and sales over the last seven years and will be an asset to WNIN’s cultivation of corporate supporters.
During her tenure, Kim has grown a telecommunications campaign from least ranked in 2010 to top ranked vendor relationship in sales in 2011. She has trained seminars on sales skills, soft skills, and sales connection techniques including testimonials, closing, ABC's, and active listening. A wife and mother of two, she prides herself on being organized and being able to effectively and efficiently manage her time.
Kim adds, “I am extremely excited to start a new beginning and build new relationships. I plan to work hard and prosper. By the end of the year I will measure my success by how many people smile when they hear the name ‘Kim Patton.’”
Marcie Crim, Vice President of Development, comments, “WNIN is very excited to have Kim on board. She has a strong sales background and a real love for the Tri-State area. We are confident she is going to create many strong partnerships between WNIN and the local business community.”
Why Your Company Should Support WNIN
Supporting our mission to bring quality, educational programming to the entire community brings with it some marketing advantages for your company as well. Among them are the following reasons:
- With an average of just five and a half minutes of non-programming per hour, WNIN delivers your corporate message in a program-rich, clutter-free environment.
- 71 percent of parents with children under age 12, when asked, said they would buy a product from a PBS Kids sponsor
- 2005 Roper ASW Survey of Parents
- 68 percent of PBS viewers feel that companies that fund PBS have a commitment to quality and excellence
- 2006 PBS Sponsorship Awareness Study
- 80 percent of public radio listeners agree that their opinion of a company is more positive when they find out it supports public radio
- 75% of NPR news listeners agree that when price and quality are equal, they prefer to buy products from companies that support public radio*
- 73% of NPR news listeners agree that the social and cultural values of public radio sponsors usually fit closely with their own values*
* Source: 2007 NPR & Jacobs Media Underwriting Study
Because of a sponsorship announcement on a public radio station
- 75% of NPR listeners have attended a performance, cultural event or exhibit*
- 51% of NPR listeners have gathered more information about a company or product*
- 56% of NPR listeners have read a book*
- 56% of NPR listeners have considered a new product or service*
*Source: NPR and Jacobs Media. Telephone study of core listeners conducted by Edison Media Research in May-June 2007
Key Benefits of Supporting WNIN
- Position your organization to a highly influential local audience
- Effectively manage public opinion
- Reach viewers in a quality-rich, clutter-free environment
- Demonstrate and receive recognition for community-based philanthropy
- Create a unique bond between the product or service and the underwritten program's viewers
- Get in touch with customers and prospects while leveraging the positive equity associated with PBS
- Exhibit excellent corporate citizenship in the Tri-state community
- Build brand awareness