From gay bars and safe spaces, to anti-gay violence and protests, Out & About: A Gay History of Evansville is a local documentary that shares the story of Evansville's evolution from a city where LGBTQIA+ individuals felt forced to hide, to a city that now hosts an annual PRIDE parade along the Downtown Main Street. Evansville's history with its LGBTQIA+ citizens is checkered. It begins with countless solicitation arrests in the Sunset Park area and proceeds through a period of violence and murder before starting a slow, steady path toward acceptance.
This program has been made possible through a grant from Indiana Humanities in cooperation with the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Please check back for updates regarding community events and screenings.
In addition to private rentals, the WNIN Old National Public Theatre is also your local source for the WNIN Independent Film Series, Movies on Main, original productions, and family friendly events.
Please contact Director of Events & Theatre, Karen Robinson (email@example.com) or 812-423-2973 ext. 136 for rentals and more information.
FACILITY RENTAL RATES:
- Corporate/Personal use: $175 per hour
- Non-profit (must provide copy of 501(c)(3): $100 per hour
- Stadium seating (46 fixed seats & 2 handicap seats)
- Christie cinema digital production projection
- 7.1 Dolby surround sound
- Speaker podium
- Full-length stage curtain to convert theatre for Non-Projection Events
- Stage lighting
- Corporate Training and Sales Films
- Independent Films and Documentaries
- WNIN Original Productions
- PBS Productions
- Hollywood Films
- Speakers (including power point and video presentations)
- Small Band Performances
- Panel Discussions
- Taping Audio & Video Content