WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc. Open Meetings Policy
In order to comply with the open meetings requirements of the Communications Act of 1934, 47 U.S.C. 396, et seq., as amended, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (“CPB”), WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc. has adopted the following policy.
1. Applicability. This policy shall apply to all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Community Advisory Board and their committees.
2. Open Meetings. All meetings of the Board of Directors and the Community Advisory Board and their committees shall be open meetings preceded by reasonable notice to the public at least one week in advance, except in the event of an emergency.
3. Reasonable Notice. WNIN shall post a notice on its website of any applicable meetings and make on-air announcements on at least three consecutive days once each calendar quarter explaining this policy and providing information about how the public can obtain information regarding specific dates, times, and locations. An example of this notice is:
WNIN, Tri-State Public Media,Incorporated maintains an open meeting policy as required by the
Corporation For Public Broadcasting and the Communications Act of 1934. This policy applies to all meetings of the Board of Directors, the Community Advisory Board, and their committees.
Meeting dates, times, and locations can be found at wnin.org. For more information, you may contact WNIN by phone at 812-423-2973, by email at email@example.com, or by visiting WNIN at Two Main Street in Downtown Evansville.
4. WNIN will give reasonable notice to the public of the fact, time, and place of each open meeting at least one week in advance of the scheduled date of the open meeting. These notices will air on both TV and radio channels. An example of the notice is:
“WNIN Tri-State Public Media, Inc.” will hold its (Board of Directors/Community Advisory Board/Executive Committee/Content Committee/Development Committee/Finance Committee/Planning Meeting) at (Time) on (Date) at the offices of WNIN located at Two Main Street, Evansville, Indiana. More information available at wnin.org or 812-423-2973”
5. Closed Sessions. WNIN may hold closed meetings or portions of meetings to consider matters relating to individual employees, proprietary information, litigation and other matters requiring confidential advice of counsel, commercial, or financial information obtained from a person on a privileged or confidential basis, or the purchase of property or services whenever premature exposure of such purchase would compromise the business interests of such organization. If a session is closed to the public for any of these permissible reasons, a written statement containing an explanation of the reasons for closing the meeting will be made publicly available (within a reasonable period of time).
6. Public Attendance. No member of the public shall be required to register such person’s name or provide other information as a condition to attendance.
7. Interpretation. If a question arises as to the applicability or interpretation of this policy, the question shall be sent to the CEO of WNIN. If this policy at any time is inconsistent with the requirement and regulations of the CPB, it shall be interpreted to comply with such requirements.
Closed Meeting Statements:
WNIN Open Meetings
(All meetings are held at WNIN, Two Main Street, Evansville, IN 47708 unless otherwise announced)
Beginning April 1, 2020, Station Board and Committee meetings may be held virtually through Go To Meeting and not at WNIN from this month on due to the COVID-19 outbreak. For more information, contact Carlin Beckman at WNIN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (812) 423-2973, ext. 124.
Copies of meeting minutes may be obtained by contacting Carlin Beckman (812) 423-2973 x124
Board of Directors:
- January 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- March 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- May 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- July 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- September 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- November 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- January 10, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- January 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- January 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm - Executive Session / Closed Meeting
- March 1, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- May 3, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- July 7, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- September 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- November 1, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- January 5, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- January 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm
- February 25, 2021 at 8:00 am
- April 29, 2021 at 8:00 am
- July 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
- September 2, 2021 at 8:00 am
- October 28, 2021 at 8:00 am
- January 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
Nominating & Governance Committee:
- February 23, 2021 at Noon
- April 27, 2021 at Noon
- June 29, 2021 at Noon
- August 31, 2021 at Noon
- October 26, 2021 at Noon
- January 4, 2022 at Noon
- January 11, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- March 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- May 3, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- July 7, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- September 8, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- November 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- January 5, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Community Advisory Board: